Friday 7 September 2012

Promises to my mum,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hi  
Sitting this morning with my mum in hospital our routine is gone and as a son and carer for my mum for 5 years I don’t quite know what to do with myself .Feeling pretty helpless to be honest Along with being lost without mum here and the worry of how she is and will be as I know better than anyone my mums needs, mood and little signals that give me clues from needing a drink, comfort reassurance to a wee cuddle, its my face and voice my mum is used in the mornings along with the familiar surroundings  of our house, so all of this is adding to the worry above  medical issues .also having time to sit an think I, don’t get that often and  its not a good thing sometimes but the thinking has this morning  is about some promises I made ,firstly at the early stages I promised my mum I would do all I can to care for the best I can and at home ,to date I have been able to keep that promise and just over a year ago when all around us was falling apart and in many ways we where reaching a crisis that promise and how we lived had to be reevaluated in order to keep that promise alive After getting more help and strength I added a new promise that I would go out and raise awarerness so that others did not reach near crisis and falling apart like we did Both of those promise come from the greatness of my mum and sitting this morning hope I can fulfill the promises I made to a remarkable mum who in facing tragedy has changed her sons life in so many ways for the good ..she has most certainly made me a better man and I thank her for that and I hope I can fulfill the promises I made to a mum who would had done a much better job of both promises  if the table where the reversed
Tommy           

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...