Tuesday 11 September 2012

Speaking Glasgow City Council tomorrow in the committee room in councilors corridor

Hi
With great thanks to councilor Kerr for arranging for me to speak, show my film and hand out some reports at Glasgow City Council at mid –day just before the full council meeting this Thursday September 13th .I look forward to speaking about caring for my mum ,the letters I receive and families I meet on my tour ,I will also be handing out reports on the life stories I receive .I hope if you read this and live in Glasgow you might encourage you’re local councilor to attend .once again thank you to Cllr Kerr and to SW Glasgow for their help setting up this unique opportunity

Tommy

more talks coming up....................

September 12th speaking at Reid Kerr College to health and social care students
September 13th speaking Glasgow city council committee room
September 17th meeting Jackie ballie shadow health secretary to hear what labour carer champions mean and their remit
September 18th Meeting and speaking at Bailleston community care, carers group
September 20th NHS gg&c speaking to nurses Gartanvel royal hospital
September 26th Speaking to NHS staff Via NHS gg&c at the Lecture Theatre Royal Alexandra Hospital.
October date TBC Caledonian Uni speaking to nurse and social care students
October 3rd speaking at Springburn residential care
October 5th Speaking at NHS gg&c Event beardmore hotel
October 8th    Kirkintilloch Baptist Church (East Dunbartonshire council)
 October 12th Bearsden Baptist Church (east Dunbartonshire council)
October 18th carers link dementia support group
October speaking at the SNP conference
November 28th Angus carer group Arbroath
March 2013 Speaking at SDRCN conference
Other projects you can help with
My motion Glasgow city council
Dementia & caring through art permanent exhibition Gartanvel royal hospital
 Tommy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...