Wednesday 16 January 2013

New partnership today a busy day tomorrow at Scottish Parliament and speaking to charge nurses

A new partnership today a busy day tomorrow at Scottish Parliament and speaking to charge nurses

Hi
Well I had a very positive day today, I met with Professor Debbie Tolson UWS and we shook hands on a partnership that will also include Caledonian University and along with Dementia Carer Voices (Tommyontour) we have 3 or three I believe great projects to take forward .tomorrow in the morning I speak to assistant Charge Nurses in the conference room at the Victoria Royal Infirmary. I then have a meeting at the Scottish Parliament with the Cab secretary for health Alex Neil to update on my campaign and discuss the letters and people i meet and hear from on my tour  also meeting briefly Jackie Baillie shadow health secretary (Labour ) Jim Hume and then Jackson Carlaw and I would like to thank all of the above for taking the time to meet talk and I hope listen also all of this is in keeping with a promise I made to my mum and to every single person who shared their story with me or I have met on my awareness tour that I WILL DO ALL I CAN FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES TO BRING MORE HELP AND UNDERSTANDING
The awareness campaign continues and grows

big thanks to Andy Lowndes from @GCU  for coming to the talk tomorrow and to discuss future talks and collaborations with the University
#rememberjoan
Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...