Wednesday 2 January 2013

Starting new projects today awareness 2013


Starting new projects today awareness 2013

Well I have managed to secure some basic funding to get me off the job center and allow me to finish the work started whilst caring for my mum ,this is a great relief as it has been a desperate struggle lately trying to survive and this will allow me to continue  my passion ,raising awareness on both dementia and caring
Today I start on my dementia carer voices project (based on my Tommyontour collecting life stories campaign) in partnership with the Alliance Scotland with funding from the Scottish Government
The other projects based on my life stories are

Academic paper with a leading university on the life stories
Carer engagement film working title (its ok to ask)  
Dementia through art project in partnership with Gartanvel royal hospital a permanent exhibition
Glasgow city council dementia working group based on my motion passed last February
Talks
I have many talks lined up across the NHS and universities based on caring for my mum and the life stories
You can help make all of the above all they can be by sharing you’re story, thoughts, opinions or experiences good or bad at tommy@i-woz-there.com

Tommy  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...