Thursday 17 January 2013

A productive day at the Scottish Parliament for CarerVoices

A productive day at the Scottish Parliament with thanks to all for their time

Hi
Well today felt like a good day for dementia carer voices .Early this morning I was a guest speaker at a nursing practice development day at the Victoria Hospital, with thanks to Tracy Donaldson and all who attended .Andy Lowndes from Caledonian university also came along I am doing a few talks there February and March along with a few I believe promising projects  

I then headed of to Edinburgh to attend a meeting at the Scottish Parliament with Cab Health secretary Alex Neil and I am glad to say the on going interest in our lives and life stories will continue through the dementia carer voices project .we had a chat about future plans and projects and we will be in the diary to meet throughout the year .we also had a brief chat about the academic paper art project and carer engagement film Irene Oldfather my mentor on the dementia carer voices project was there to support and guide me we then met with Jim Hume health care spokesperson for the liberal democrats and he as invited me to speak at an event on February 2nd ,I will add a post in more detail later  we then had a quick chat with Labour leader Johann Lamont who was in between meetings .After bumping into my good friend Lynn Williams I had a meeting with Jackie Baillie shadow  health secretary who I met with a few weeks back We had a chat about the DCV project amongst other things including my carer engagement film with NHS GG&C and hope Jackie will help with a road show in her constituency that is under that banner once the film is complete

With thanks to all for their time today and I look forward to meeting them  again soon as our projects get closer to complete

Tommy







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...