Wednesday 9 January 2013

positive day at Art Project Meeting and City Chambers



Hi

Well today felt quite positive I was off early this morning to meet with Samantha Flowers (Art in the Gart) to discuss ways of both involve and taking forward the life stories through art exhibition .We had a positive chat and exchanged ideas and are both looking for ways to keep inclusion ,  awareness and understanding the main objective of this project .We are meeting again soon to see how we take this forward For me I want to do something that hopefully inspires others and helps tell the story of the letters I receive   

I then along with Christopher, a recent graduate from Edinburgh University who is now working with me on the Dementia Carers Voices project visited Councillor Matt Kerr (social care chief exec GCC ) to update on my  work and future hopes and plans .We had a really positive meeting and are looking towards working together on a few exiting carer engagement ideas that I have

I have many hopes and dreams and hope that 2013 will turn a few from dreams to reality

Tommy

with Christopher and Clr Kerr inside the beautiful city chambers 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...