Monday 21 May 2012

My wee mum doing a bit better today

Hi
If you read this blog you will have read that my wee mum has been struggling over the last weeks Today was better, a wee bit of color back in her cheeks and strength in her eyes ,I hope tomorrow brings more of the same ,watching my mum deal with this illness just makes  me more determined to care for her and more determined to raise awareness, and I have to say the understanding of this illness has to be taken to a higher level ,we have to raise the discussion and the  awareness , for me the most disappointing thing about raising Awareness is some who claim to know better are often the hardest obstacle to get over ,Dementia will beat my mum and I  one day ,but the arrogance of some i have met on this campaign wont ,that’s for sure
Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...