Tuesday 15 May 2012

Sad News from an Inspiring Family

Sad News from an Inspiring Family
Hello
I sit today with great sadness in my heart, on my mission to raise awareness I receive letters from all across Scotland and meet with many carers and families
I have got to know many carers and families, including one amazing lady from Aberdeen,we have exhanged e mails and  had a few chats on the phone, sadly she has got in touch to tell me her husband passed away over the weekend
Her letter was included in the collection I handed over last Wednesday when I met with the Deputy First Minister
 I never met her husband but I met this amazing lady, her struggles, love and care inspire me, and even without meeting him, reading about and talking with my friend I know the love they shared and the care she gave, I made a promise to this fine lady a wee while back  that I would be up in Aberdeen to see her one day and that’s a promise I will fulfill in the near future
My thoughts are with this lady and her family
Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...