Wednesday 2 May 2012

Speaking a Week Today at LTCAS launch of New Project to Gather life Stories


Good Morning
With thanks to all at LTCAS for inviting me to speak at the launch of their new project help people with a long term condition or disability to be more involved influencing decision makers. The theme of this networking event will be 'involvement' and this will be an opportunity for Long Term Conditions Alliance Scotland members and associates to learn about how people with long term conditions are central to LTCAS' work. The event will be an official launch for the new  LTCAS Involvement Network, a new group of volunteers who would like to help LTCAS to make the voice of people with long term conditions heard by policy makers and decision makers.
I will talk about how I care for my mum who has dementia and how  I have collected life stories. On my journey I discovered there are many other people living with long term conditions with powerful stories to tell, so let’s meet and hear from them.

Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...