Tuesday 1 May 2012

Popping in to My Local Carer Centre Today ……………….

Hi 
For the first time in a long while I will be using my 4 hours cover for some personal time and not as part of my awareness campaign, I joined my local carer center a few months back and I start my lifting and handling course today along with meeting with a lawyer to discuss some legal matters. My wee mum is not very mobile at the moment and lately this has involved a lot of lifting ,I never thought a few years ago this is how life would be for my mum or for me ,but that’s what dementia does it changes everything .on a personal note all the  things the carer center are dealing with has taking some of the pressure off and helping me concentrate on caring for my mum ,I will be back raising awareness tomorrow speaking to 50 nurses at a palliative nursing  event during the 5 hours cover I get on a Wednesday
Tommy  
Tommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment at the tommyontour blog. Your comment will be moderated and published very soon.

My mums name was Joan ,my Mum Had Dementia - our Story 9 Short Films

Tommy’s speech, providing a carer’s perspective,  on the theme of “ No – one ever asked   ” highlighted the transformational impact that ...